Monday, March 18, 2019

Knowing When to Decide

My just-concluded career counseling session motivated me to write my PsychologyToday.com article today

My client has a PhD and is looking for a post-doc in a narrow specialty. He believes that eventually, he needs to reach out to some of the field’s heavy hitters to get guidance as to where to turn but, week after week now, he continues to do more research to try to figure out who the right people are. He’s still not sure. He admits this is a manifestation of his lifelong problem with excessive rumination and inadequate action.

By the end of the session, he felt far more optimistic he can ameliorate his problem. My PsychologyToday.com article today. offers lessons he learned in that session. They're applicable to personal as well as professional life.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online