Friday, September 18, 2020

A Peer Group That's Lasted Ten Years: What's made it work

Teleconference by romzicon from the Noun Project 

Ten years ago, I invited seven people who I thought were wise and would do well in a group to form a Board of Advisors. Since then, we’ve met once a month by phone using FreeTeleconference.com. (We tried videoconferencing but ended up going back to the phone.)The members seem to appreciate the group's suggestions. And they must feel the being in the group is of value because five of the seven have remained through the decade, and the other two bowed out only because they had a new baby.

At tonight’s Board of Advisors meeting, I read the above to the the group and asked for their reactions. I present them in my Psychology Today article today.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online