Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Men Don't Have It Easy Either

I've just written an article called Men Don't Have it Easy Either. I was tempted to call it: Men: The Screwed Sex but decided to exercise a little restraint...at least in the title.

I believe it provides an airtight case for how the gender pendulum has swung so far that, except for the tiny fraction of men at the top, it's devastating the male sex.

The article will appear in the April or May issue of the national magazine of Mensa, an organization for people with high IQs.

I thought you might enjoy an advanced look. To read it, click HERE.

By the way, I've enjoyed my involvement in Mensa and recommend it. For info on Mensa's programs and how to qualify for membership, click HERE.

6 comments:

Pierce Harlan said...

Excellent, Marty. You are the voice of reason in a world overrun by irrationality.

Katie Meyer said...

How does payment compare between unmarried women without children and unmarried men without children? You've compared a category of women who are likely career-focused to all men - I'm surprised those women don't make more than 113% of what all men make.

Katie Meyer said...

Hi Marty -

I'm honestly interested in the numbers comparing unmarried, childless women to unmarried, childless men. That wasn't meant as a snarky comment. I'm disappointed not to see that post here - it seems like you'll only let flattering comments through.

I'm not unsympathetic to the men's movement but I'd like to know the reasoning behind your figures.

Thanks,

Katie Meyer

Marty Nemko said...

A Katie Meyer has queried me for some data. I am researching it for you.

Anonymous said...

You might want to check out a few of the multi-million-dollar Super Bowl commercials that aired yesterday.

This one is from CBS, about women's heart disease. It links to two more.

This one is from Dodge, called "Man's Last Stand."

This one is from Google, in which presumably a guy wants to impress a French woman.

And this one is from FloTV with a "spineless" guy.

Marty Nemko said...

Katie Meyer,

I've now taken the time to dig up the source of the statistic you queried:

Indeed unmarried women who have never had children earn 113% of what unmarried men who have never had children earn. Hope that helps. In case you'd like a link to the source, it's the end note on p. XXiii of the introduction.

http://books.google.com/books?id=Bi-h6Ro-L-cC&printsec=frontcover&dq=%22Why+Men+Earn+More%22&source=bl&ots=x5DqgkcYgv&sig=esT4wELYWyjGfEr69_3WX_ohuCg&hl=en&ei=oFNyS-OKGInQsQOV3_D2AQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CCcQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=&f=false

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online