Thursday, July 24, 2014

MOOCs: The Best Way to Learn Anything? And They’re Cheap or Free!


Regular readers of this blog know that I believe that the most cost- and time-efficient way to learn is to read articles (largely emanating from Google searches) perhaps guided by a mentor. 



I view the course, let alone the degree, as overrated because courses teach masses of content, much of which you don’t need or will have forgotten when needed, at a level and pace defined by the teacher, not you.



That said, many people need the structure of school to stay motivated and/or want a piece of paper to show employers that they’ve taken X courses. For such people, I believe that  Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) may be a wise option. And that’s not just because they’re free or very low-cost. I make the seemingly unreasonable assertion that you may get a better education than you could have gotten for hundreds of thousands of dollars at a Harvard or Stanford. 

In my PsychologyToday.com article today, I make the case and offer links to sites where you can find the right MOOCs for you. HERE is the link.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online