Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Just Because They're Emotional Doesn't Mean They're Wrong

I've had many clients and callers to my shows, say things like: "My boss yells at me all the time. How do I stop that abuse?"

Of course, no one should be required to endure frequent yelling but poor delivery doesn't mean the dissatisfaction is unjustified.

If a boss or coworker is frequently dissatisfied with you (whether expressed calmly or forcefully,) separate the message from the messenger. Be honest with yourself: Are you as competent, hard-working, and pleasant to be around as you should be?

Not sure? Ask for anonymous feedback from co-workers, supervisors, customers, vendors, even family. As mentioned in an earlier post, www.checkster.com makes that easy to obtain.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online