Friday, October 14, 2011

My Bucket List: Does it make you want to create yours?

Here's my bucket list, from most to least likely to occur.

I present it here to increase my likelihood of making these things happen, and to encourage you to create your own list.
  • Dinner at Fleur de Lys restaurant in San Francisco. (when I've lost the 20 pounds I want to lose.)
  • A world-class, nurturing (but not sexual) massage
  • Attend a concert by Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band.
  • Get my book manuscript, How to Do Life: What they didn't teach you in college, published by a respected publisher.
  • Extend my forthcoming five-part Washington Post series, "What's the Big Idea?" into a continuing column.
  • Teach courses for The Great Courses. They've asked me to do a demo class. Hold a good thought for me.
  • Present my blueprint for reinventing education to Tom Torlakson, the California State Superintendent of Schools and his cabinet (which includes my wife, Barbara Nemko.)
  • Fund an annual prize for the most promising research toward ethically enhancing human intelligence.
  • Write a column in the New York Times
  • Host a show called Honest Conversations about Race.
  • Write a screenplay that gets made into a movie about a wise person whose views and way of being are out-of-step with the times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

-Learn French
-Learn German
-Learn Mandarin (Only if the Chinese take over).
-Go to La Folie and order whatever my heart desires
-Join Dignitas and assure myself a painless death with a loved one by my side.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online