So I thought it would be fun to write a post listing what I don't know, some things that are a mystery to me:
- There is no God, so what created the first particle? How did the amazing wonders of nature and of birth come about? Evolutionary theory doesn't, for me, come close to explaining it. Or do we simply call the currently unexplainable scientific phenomena, "God?"
- Why are some people so kind and others so cruel?
- How could I become a professional pianist with virtually no practice yet I draw horribly no matter how hard I try?
- Why do so many people trust an entertainer's political opinions more than an intellectual's'?
- How can peaceful music so calm us, cheery music so uplift us?
- How did Google, SmartPhones, YouTube, even television get invented? They are true manmade miracles.
- How can "greedy" corporations make a profit when their products cost us so little. Just a few examples: a can of Del Monte peaches: $1. A gallon of corporate-farmed milk: $3.00. A pair of Hanes socks: $2. A Foster Farms fresh chicken: $1 a pound. A gallon of Exxon or other gas $4. A pound of corporate-farmed apples: $1. 2 1/2 pounds of Quaker oatmeal: $5. A can of Bumble Bee tuna: $1. A bountiful, healthy buffet at Souplantation/Sweet Tomatoes restaurants: $10. An Oral-B toothbrush: $2. 2 pounds of Best Foods mayonnaise: $4. A bottle of Two Buck Chuck wine for $2.49. A safety pin: a penny. I can't even see how they can produce the product and ship it for that, with no profit for the manufacturer or retailer. But obviously, they can and do.
What's a mystery to you?