Friday, May 10, 2013

Marty Nemko Talks (and Jokes) on The Daily Show about Alternatives to College

Last night, I was on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

What was amazing to me is that they recorded five hours of interview with me about higher education's deceptive practices and about alternatives to college. During those five hours, I made a total of three jokes. All three made it into the segment.

Of course, I don't mind at all. The creators of The Daily Show are masters at making serious messages funny without trivializing them.

The Daily Show with Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Stay Out of School
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesIndecision Political HumorThe Daily Show on Facebook

5 comments:

Rich Grimshaw said...

Well done, Marty. Hard to believe that we need a movement to keep kids out of college.

ST said...

Funny, dude!

And at the very end, "Learn Chinese" ... so true!

Serge said...

Alas, many millennials have been deluded by school counselors to "follow their passion", not common sense.

Elissa the Pet Groomer said...

Loved seeing you on the show! New York chutzpah came through loud and clear!

Marty Nemko said...

Someone sent me 2 videos on the hazards of college that strike me as even funnier;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4AeAl-63ic

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_-S0DVrvaE

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online